The Clapham Society

Historical Picture Gallery

--Previous page

Please click a picture to see a larger image. Each image will open in a new browser window

Clapham Common Underground Station: the original entrance built in 1890, on the corner of Clapham High Street and Clapham Park Road.
Holy Trinity Church: blue plaque commemorating William Wilberforce and the Clapham Sect.
Clapham Common around 1790 (inset, the original Parish Church).
 
 
 
A dairy at 73 Abbeville Road, c.1907.
Monument to William Hewer (d. 1715) in St Paul's Church, Rectory Grove.
The Common with Holy Trinity Church, c.1840.
 
 
 
Holy Trinity Church, Clapham Common: the interior c.1805.
The Bandstand, Clapham Common, from an Edwardian postcard.
The old Parish Church (replaced by St Paul's Rectory Grove), c.1800.
 
 
 
 
A flock of sheep in Old Town, May 1931.
 
William Wilberforce (1759-1833), leader of the campaign against the slave trade.
 
 
 
<--Previous page



This site is Copyright Clapham Society 2009, All Rights Reserved

website maintained by Outlines